Wednesday, December 31, 2014

SKY LIGHT



$45.


Events unrelated to this blog took my attention away from Or Best Offer for most of the back half of this year. That, coupled with the determination not to let the window between posts stretch beyond six months, spurred me to file this final image for 2014, the year of less-than-intended OBO content production. 

For this entry I felt compelled to marshall the awesome forces of computer technology. Why the style switch, you ask (you did ask, right?)? Well, because (1) I felt that this subject was uniquely suited to 3D rendering, and (2) I do a lot of work in Maya to earn a buck, but I rarely have a chance to play around in the software purely for the fun of it. This image is one of those rare occasions.

I'm glad to have committed to the experiment, but this look will not become the norm for this project. Also, I might try it again if it makes sense. Which I guess means, "be prepared for anything." And hey, that's a fine sentiment to carry with you as you stumble into a new year! Please accept it as Or Best Offer's parting gift to you as we all close the door 2014. Stop by in 2015 (a.k.a., the future!) for more drawings and more ramblings, and possibly some dramblings, if I ever figure out what the hell those are.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment